It’s been a good knitting week.
On Wednesday Auntie Rhona gave me a crochet pattern, which she couldn’t figure out, to have a look at. Definitely a case of the blind leading the much less blind than me here. And, oh my god it’s a miracle, I think I’ve figured it out. It seems that they haven’t put the “*” or the “rep from * to last ? stitches” in the pattern, which kind of made it a pattern reading problem rather than a crochet problem. Much more my area of expertise!! So off to crow to Auntie Rhona on Wednesday after swimming – and hopefully get served up something really yummy for morning tea – and raid her garden for bits and pieces.
On Saturday afternoon I started my first ever pair of toe up socks, using the Turkish cast on method. Just as I was getting the hang of it, we had to go out and we didn’t get home until 11.30pm. When we got home I thought I’d just have a nice cup of tea and another little go at it and got all the toe done. When I looked at the clock it was 2.00am – a very long way past my bed time.
Sunday Steve went hunting with the boys so the kids and I had a nice quiet day, luckily. A bit of gardening, a bit of tv and alot of knitting. Elise is going really well with her knitting. She did four or five rows of her scarf without dropping or increasing any stitches – not bad for a wildly impatient six year old.
I have finished another design, a hat this time. A thank you present for Al for doing such a great job on our new door. Pattern to appear very soon…..