It’s amazing but true – I have only one unfinished object on the needles at the moment. Soon to be two, or even three, of course but still….
I finished my baby doll top which was started on January 10th and has been sitting around with only the sleeves to do for around eight weeks. I did the sleeves both at the same time. This is the first time I have done that, and it is really nice to not have to worry about getting them the same length and to not finish one sleeve and have to do the same thing all over again. Kind of like two at a time socks….
I knit the Baby Doll Top from the Creative Knitting magazine, using Bendigo Woollen Mills 8 ply cotton. I have used this yarn before and while it is lovely and soft, on washing it does tend to stretch widthwise rather than length wise so I lengthened the skirt, the waistband and the bodice sections to compensate, hopefully it works.